from Jayaram V + Crystalinks
The Vedic pantheon knows two classes, Devas and Asuras. The Devas (Mitra, Varuna, Aryaman, Bhaga, Amsa, etc) are deities of cosmic order and social order, from the universe and kingdoms down to the individual.
Asuras go by perceptual and superficial knowledge. Hence they lack true insight into the nature of things or the nature of reality. Since they go by their senses, they are prone to attachment, delusion and ignorance, and mistake the apparent reality as the highest reality.
The devas operate at the mental and intelligence level. Since they possess a lot of intelligence and analytical ability, they are not easily impressed by the surface reality. Because of their intelligence, which arises from the sattvic nature, they possess a lot of discretion or discerning wisdom, which gives them the ability to know right from wrong. Hence they can clearly distinguish between reality and illusion.
~ The Difference Between Devas And Asuras, Gods And Demons by Jayaram V, Hinduwebsite.com
An Anglicised form of the Sanskrit, avatara, “descent”, from the root tr, “pass” (cf. Latin in-trare), and the preposition ava, “down”.
The word is used, in a technical sense, in the Hindu religion to denote the descent upon earth of a portion of the essence of a god, which then assumes some coarser material form, be it animal, monster, or man. Such descents are ascribed in the mythology of Hinduism to various gods, but those ascribed to Vishnu are by far the most important.
~ Avatars in Ancient India, Crystalinks.com
from Melanie Brockwell | Scribe
No Attributes. Just This.
As far as I can tell, or have been told, there are no attributes we can tie to angels. But then, to define anyone or anything is alien to me.
To me, the mystery is ever present and whatever it seems to be is whatever it seems to be. There is no ultimate definition or conclusion in the moment. Only the forever unfolding, unravelling, writhing and repositioning of now.
I have met people who the universe later told me are human angels, once I knew the word; people who were nothing like me. At least not in the ways we know to make things alike: in groupings of interest, passion, identity, origin, lawfulness, parenthood, personhood, or praise.
Nothing Holy or Highest Good
I realise most other discussions about human angels will include the idea that we are wholly good and positive, loving, incorruptible beings born without the capacity to harm. But the idea of cultural norms – especially righteousness and good – are lost in oneness.
Cultural concepts of good do not apply. Deva avatar human angels are not Christian holy or ideologically superior individuals. They are whole and perfect just as they are, just as we all are. Hence, their role is not one that can be deciphered through the vision of a world in separation.
For Me, It’s About Trust
I can tell you what it feels like to be a deva avatar. It feels intuitive as if nothing is left to chance and everything is on purpose even when it feels painful or random. Which is all about trust, I guess.
I trust everyone and everything is on purpose. Not because I have proof but because that trust forms the basis of reality for me. I didn’t make it so, it has always been thus.
There Is No Other Way
I can tell you how it seems. It’s as if I have no choice but to do what I am told. There’s no separation from all that is, so I am whatever I am in this moment. I’m not making decisions between what is my duty and what might be a different choice. I have no choice.
The way I feel, the things I say, the words I write, they don’t feel like an option. I am compelled. I have no other will. There is only presence to now.
from We Are Human Angels
- Since childhood have wanted to change the world and have not stopped believing;
- Have always dreamed of relieving the sorrows of all living beings;
- Have a special talent to help others;
- Have an out of the ordinary sensitivity;
- Have overcome difficult trials in their life;
- Think that despite everything, life should be lived with joy;
- While trying to give meaning to their suffering, they believe that there must be a way to stop theirs and others’ suffering;
- In their heart there is no room for hatred and resentment;
- Always try to change evil into good and darkness into light;
- Always follow their heart even when it seems to be the hardest thing to do;
- Always had a vision of heaven on earth and would like to spread it throughout the world;
- Have the ability to read people and know what is hidden within their hearts;
- Silently bless everyone they encounter in their life;
- From the very beginning, have always felt a sense of not belonging to this world;
- Have never been able to relate themselves with any group of people, but they have always had a deep desire to connect themselves with their Soul’s family here on earth;
- The search for truth is their greatest passion;
- Live with honesty even when it hurts;
- Believe in the healing power of Love;
- Have the same dreams they had when they were a pure-hearted child;
- Feel they were born for a greater purpose and would like to express it;
- They stand up for what they believe, even if it means standing alone.
from Doreen Virtue's Earth Angels
- Have a passion and talent for healing, teaching, or helping others, yet have substance abuse problems, weight issues, relationship challenges, and the like;
- Are highly sensitive and abhor violence in any form;
- Feel different from other people, as if they were dropped off on this planet and wonder when someone’s coming to take them home;
- Accepted their Divine assignment to come to Earth and spread their teachings and healing energies;
- Are one of five groups – incarnated angels, elementals, starpeople, walk-ins, and wizards (see below).
- Have angelic faces, heavyset bodies, histories of co-dependent relationships, and are professional helpers.
- Have red hair, and a thin, lanky body.
- Highly enlightened souls who negotiate with a human who’s unhappy about living on Earth and who’s seriously contemplating suicide;
- Don’t remember the soul exchange;
- Feel as if they’re living in the wrong movie.
Wizards (or Wise Ones)
- Reincarnated wizards, high-priestesses, witches, sorcerers, and sorceresses